What exactly happens when we quit our job and take our passion full time?
If you have ever thought about quitting your job or if it’s something you should do right now then you will love this episode.
In this interview, I talk to Melissa Morris from MelissaVMorris.com who is a productivity and time management expert.
My favourite quote from this episode is when Melissa describes how she “helps free hamsters from wheels”
We cover podcasts, books and resources that have helped Melissa to follow her passion and live the lifestyle she wants to live.
At the end of the day that is what I created this podcast for, to help you build a lifestyle that supports how you want to live. Be that chilling on a beach sipping an ice cold beer or helping millions of people with a product or service.
My audio is also a bit muffled in this episode, not sure why.
- Leadpages – I’ve been using this for over two years now and it has been a game changer, Melissa also covers how important it has been at developing her business. Keep in mind it is not cheap and best to purchase when you can afford it.
- Courses Melissa has done and recommends:
- Evan Pagan – Launching your digital product
- Amy Porterfield’s Course – The list builders lab – I didn’t meet Amy in the Facebook group I was referring to Melissa in the episode
- Screw the 9-5 Facebook Group – This is where I actually discovered Melissa, and I highly suggest you check it out.
- Screw the 9-5 Podcast – I haven’t listened to this yet but will be on my to listen to the list now.
- The smart passive income podcast – Pat Flynn’s got some great episodes; Melissa recommends checking out three episodes. From episode 192 – 194, Pat discusses the various ways to make passive income online.
- EOFIRE Podcast
- The Freedom Journal by John Lee Dumas, I also recommend checking out his latest project the Mastery Journal.
- Episode 9: The ups and downs of the dot-com lifestyle
- Book recommendation: Made To Stick – Why some ideas stick, and others die.
3 Resources Melissa couldn’t go without since she quit her job:
- Amy Porterfield’s Course
- Smart Passive Income podcast, specifically ep 192, 193, 194 – I also have to say this would be mine as well.
Where to connect with Melissa:
What we talk about in this episode:
- What happens when you quit your job
- How Melissa got into the internet marketing world and how she transitioned online.
- What books and resources she has found particularly helpful.
- Why it doesn’t have to be perfect before you start.
- What has been the hardest aspect for Melissa since starting?
- Why I recommend a Co-working space if you are quitting your job
If you or anyone else has a similar story to share please email me at email@example.com for a chance to be featured.
Thanks for listening! Don’t forget to share and review.